Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vacuum Repair--My way!

Yesterday I managed a feat beyond what most other homemakers could do, and I am so proud of myself! We go through vacuum cleaners at least once a year, because the kids aren't very careful, of course. Last summer, we needed a new hose, but I didn't want to spend almost as much on a hose as we did on the vacuum, so I resigned myself to buying a new one. However, one day when I was out and about, I saw a yard sale that had a vacuum like mine, and I got it for FREE because the motor didn't work. I put the hose on the vacuum, and stored the one with the broken motor "just in case". Well, "just in case" came--The kids have run over the cord so many times that it was no longer safe to use. So just guess what I did! I took the vacuums apart and changed out the cords! I did it all by myself! I just had to crow about it because I was so proud of myself for figuring it out.

6 comments:

Lbrtychic said...

You go girl!! Who needs an expensive vacuum repair shop anyways!!

Ty Lyman said...

I'm Lacey's neighbor/girlfriend. I have to ask, have you ever heard of freecycle.org? This is my new found love site. People give stuff away like this all the time and you can give stuff away that you don't think anyone would want. It's kind of cool check it out sometime. You do have to register though. I've gotten clothes for the kids, a swing set that was safer for our apartment complex kids. Lacey and Keith even got a couch. This was all for free. I had a friend that got a piece to her microwave. She thought she was going to have to replace it because the rotating plate broke. But she was able to find one on freecycle. Awesome job on saving lots of money :)

Wilson Clan said...

Kudo's to you on the vacuum. You're little Miss Susy Homemaker/Martha Stewart. With my luck, I'd kill myself. Or worse...shock myself. LOL Love the pics of the kids feeding the ducks. They grow so fast. Give my love to the fam. Love you

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

Hello Elizabeth,
Sarah told me about you having a blog because she found it Melanie's I think. I have used freecycle.org and it has great benefits!

Anonymous said...

Great job!...You are so talented!!

Elizabeth said...

She's not talented, "bcharrington", just persistent. I dare say you could do it too.
-Emma