Friday, August 22, 2008

Running and Apricots


I haven't blogged for a while for two reason, the first of which is that I have actually been waiting until I got some pictures off of the camera and onto my computer. I hope that you enjoy them. The other reason is that I have been really bummed. I went to the orthopaedist on Tuesday because my toe has been bothering me when I run. Some of you may not know that shortly before I had the baby, I tripped down 3 stairs and fractured my big toe. Dumb, I know, but I did a pretty good number on it. I was lucky that I didn't have to have it pinned together. I had to wear a walking boot for weeks, and I couldn't drive because it was my right foot. Poor Ryan! He had to drive me everywhere--even on little jaunts to Wal-Mart!

Anyway...3 weeks after William was born, the dr. had said it was healing fine, and that I didn't need to see him again. Then at 6 weeks, the OB said I could start running. I was so excited! However, whenever I ran, my toe hurt. So I went back to the orthopaedist. He said it is still healing fine, but not to do any impact sports for "a while", and to try cycling. So I can't run. I only tried out my "equipment" a few times. Bummer. Ryan fixed up my bike and we went cycling the other night, but that created another set of pains, so I don't know what I can do! I am falling apart. So I'm taking the running spot off of my blog until I can run again. I am so sad!

On the *plus* side, the apricot tree in our backyard has been dropping billions of apricots for the last couple of weeks. It is absolutely full, but we can't get to any of it, so we have to wait for it to just fall, which it does! The kids are so sick of picking up apricots! But I have made jam and fruit leather and syrup and dried apricots, and we've had smoothies...If any of you know anything else that I can do with apricots that's not too time consuming or expensive, let me know! I think we have a couple more weeks of apricots. And of course, if anybody wants any, come and get them! I'm posting a picture of the tree, but you really can't see how heavily burdened with fruit it is. Believe me, there are plenty!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I am so sad too. I hope your toe gets all healed up. Take it easy. Let me know if you need anything. Miss you.

pcerik said...

Dude, I'm going to totally get some of your cots!