Monday, February 2, 2009

Inauguration

Wow--almost 2 whole months and I haven't blogged!

Well, to start off, little William finally got his first tooth-- on the bottom-- only one. He's also weaned--prior to the tooth, lucky me!

Now, some of you may know that a member of our household voted for Obama for President. The children that decided to "vote" that way, too, were very excited when he was elected (if they were to vote with one of their parents, the other option was The Queen of England, and they didn't think she had much of a chance of winning). They asked me if they could have an inauguration party. Did you have an inauguration party at your house? Well, we did. It went something like this: the night before, Emma begged and begged to make a cake. I made her wait until the morning. I had to go somewhere, but let her make and decorate the cake and told her we would have our "party" when I got home. I was greeted at the door with all of the kids huddled around a chocolate cake, iced with a US flag and the words "President Obama" written on the stripes. They said something to the effect of, "See?" and then they ran into the kitchen with it and cut the thing up. No time for even a picture, they were so quick about it! But there you have it, our inauguration party. GOBAMA!!!!!

5 comments:

jen said...

no picture?? Bummer, but I know how it is when there is a cake in the house.

MaryRuth said...

I don't know if we can be friends anymore. Seriously.

imbize said...

DANG! I would have loved to see a picture!! I can only imagine. :)

And I'm with Ruth. Not sure we can be friends. Obama? hahaha

Wilson Clan said...

Your critters crack me up. I can just see them running to the door,Emma in the lead, you not even in the house yet, shoving it your face to see and running with it to eat it. LOL Wish I could have been there to see it. (sigh) I'm glad William finally got a tooth. Was he a bad teether? I hope all is well on your homefront. Here, kids are getting RSV and mom has a few more gray hairs. LOL Give my love to the kids Love ya

Jen T said...

Hey Liz! Love your blog! Sounds like life is fun at your house! I can't believe someone in your family actually voted for him :) How cute with the cake!
Jen and Ben T