Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Yucks

For those of you that I haven't talked to since Thursday, I was sick as a dog this week! I had my very first case of mastitis. Seven kids and no problems. Then WHAMMO! I was so sick for two days, I hardly got out of bed. I finally went to the doctor and got an antibiotic on Thursday, and I feel so much better! I started feeling sick on Monday, and Tuesday was dreadful. Wednesday was worse. I thought I might have mastitis, but since I'd never experienced it before, I figured, "How bad can it be?" It was bad. Yucky. Very yucky and uncomfortable. I don't think I have ever been that sick. My sweet friend went visiting teaching by herself on Wednesday, and then came and got my kids for most of the day and into the evening. I didn't even notice that they were gone until I got up and realized it was almost their bedtime. Thank goodness for good friends who do things for you even when you tell them "No, I don't need that." Another friend told me that if you think you've got it, you need to immediately go to the doctor, or it'll be horrible, and she would have told me that if I'd have mentioned it. But like I said, I figured, "How bad can it be?" Oh well, another lesson learned. I'm not as tough as I think I am :)

5 comments:

MaryRuth said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!

Wilson Clan said...

Friends like that are hard to find. Trust me. I'm glad that you had someone who could help you. I would if I could. LOL Hope you're feeling much better. What did you have anyway? Hopefully no one else will get it. Give my love to the famiy

Sarah Evans said...

I'm so sorry...I got that too, but knew and got antibiotics right away and it was still horrible! Hope you are better!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! I know it hurts a lot. I'm glad you have such good friends. I hope you are feeling better.

Ty Lyman said...

don't worry I explained to Lacey you didn't have a sickness it was the mastitis that made you sick. I've experienced the aweful yuck!!. I'm glad you're doing better. I'm adding you to my blog list. I love reading your blog, I hope you don't mind. So when you see my comments it's from Ty, Lacey's crazy friend that lives across the hall and yells at her kids like their my own :) ohhh maybe I kind of like them like my own too.