Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rebekah's new name is "Butch"



So this weekend has been a doozey! Rebekah BUTCHED her hair on Friday night as I was getting ready for my sister, Melanie, to come visit. I ran to try and get it fixed, but it really can't be fixed. I wish our camera wasn't broken, so you could all see it. She looks like half of her is girl, and half of her is boy. She cut it so close, that the girl who was helping (Clarissa--the same one who helped when she cut her hair a few months ago), said part of it was a #1 guard on the clippers. So it will just have to grow out and look silly for a while. It made me think of my sister's friend. Her daughter did such a job of her hair, that they buzzed it all so it could grow back. Ryan said we should stick her on a corner to beg. Oh, she looks so bad!


Catherine actually finished loosing her two front teeth. She figured out how to speak by putting her tongue on the roof of her mouth, so she doesn't have a lisp.

William is smiling, and he has two dimples-- in spite of what Ryan thinks, he does have dimples! He is the only one of my kids to have dimples. He smiles and coos and is so cute! He also loves the swing, and will sleep in it for quite a while. That also has never happened with any of my other kids. He is 3 1/2 months old now, and he's getting bored just sitting around, not being able to do anything. We will soon begin the "unpleasant times" until he is mobile.
I thought this picture of Thomas was pretty funny. He climbed up on the washing machine to take a nap! Notice the plumber crack :)


I had such a fun time with my little sister Melanie. She made a whirlwind trip to visit grandma and grandpa, and she stayed Friday night and Saturday morning with us. We got up early with the kids, chatted, and went to DI. I love being with my sisters! And her babies are just so cute. Her "littlest" guy is almost 25 lbs at 5 months. He is such a cute chunk-o, and he just smiles his chunky little smile and is so loveable! I could hardly carry him, he is soooo heavy! Melanie's husband, Merlin, came with her. I guess he was bored and had nothing better to do than play silly games with my kids. They just ate it up! Uncle Merlin is so much fun! Emma asked me why "the wizard and his familiar" were visiting. I got the "wizard" part, but she had to explain the rest. Duh! Melanie's nickname is "Mouse", and a familiar is a wizard's animal companion. Therefore, "the wizard and his familiar" are...


My very dear friend MaryRuth had her first baby! YeeHaw! I wish I could visit her in Texas.

7 comments:

Patty said...

I can't wait to see Rebekah's hair. I love the picture of Thomas sleeping on the Washer, does he do that often? Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged come and see my blog!

Megan used Nair (Sarah's hair removal cream) on her hair, she had a big bold spot. Month later we are still growing her hair, but I think it will take many more months before it gets long enough to much her short cut hair. I love your little boy on top of the washer. You have such a cute kids

Kari said...

Wait, MaryRuth was pregnant? Woa.

Wilson Clan said...

Oh Maynard! I saw the pics on Mouse's blog and she told us about it Sunday. OH MY!! I guess the first time wasn't short enough. LOL

Wilson Clan said...

Oh yea..Love the plumber's crack. Wonder who's toosh it looks like? LOL
And Tell MaryRuth congrats!!!

Ty Lyman said...

I need to send you pics of Ember's last chop job. I'm Lacey's friend that you were talking about. We could compare the chop jobs :) What is it with 3 and 4 year olds? At least with boys we can shave them and it's ok. When I shaved Ember she liked it. I wasn't sure what to do with her then. I love that your kids fall asleep in silly places too. Way funny. Ask Lace about Crack Spackle :)

Radkes said...

Do you remember when Halie did that? She had one patch that was super short, so we had to cut the rest pretty short, too. I saw a picture recently of Mattie, Halie and Tyler when Halie had the really short hair, and it looked like Annie, Conner and Bridger, because Halie looked so much like a boy! I can't find a pair of scissors when I want one but the kids find them when they're not supposed to have them!