Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ryan left Thursday afternoon for a thing for work, and I didn't expect him back until this afternoon. I didn't tell the kids anything, and we just went on with our lives. On Friday night as the kids were going to bed, Emma said, "When's papa coming home? He hasn't been home in, like, two days!" Then I went shopping after I put the kids down, and when I got back, Rebekah met me at the door and asked if I had papa. When I told her no, she asked if he was at work, and I told her that he was "camping". It was pretty funny that it took the kids so long to realize that he wasn't here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my kids will take the long. If he is not home by the time he is suppost to be home they start asking where he is.

carolbee said...

I doubt if Ryan likes to camp any more than the rest of us! Where was he really?!! cc

Elizabeth said...

He was actually at a weekend retreat for work. His kind of camping--they went to the cabin during the day, and then back to their hotel every night. Perfect!