Monday, October 5, 2009

First off, Thomas independently showed me the sign for "key"!!! When I told him I didn't understand, he brought me Ryan's keys that were right next to him. AWESOME! I am thrilled! He has also mimicked the sign for apple (he actually does it the same as "candy" :) ) and yesterday, he also patted me on the back to get my attention. I am just amazed.

The kids and I gleaned potatoes at my friend's farm, and then she let us pick apples off of her trees, too. Patrick and Rebekah especially loved the gleaning. Rebekah not so much the apple picking--she spent the whole time on the trampoline.

We, of course, had baked potatoes for dinner the next night. I told them all to wash some--I thought it would be fun for them to wash the potatoes they had "picked". They all thought that was great. When the potatoes were done and I was taking them out of the oven, 3 of them had little tiny bubbles on them. I wasn't sure what it was, so I washed them again. More bubbles!!! Then I realized that those must have been Rebekah's, and she washed them with dishsoap. At least we knew they were clean!

Hopefully I'll have lots of apple things to bottle this week. It'll be great!

2 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Oh Becca....I remember gleaning potaoes too. Fun days. I'm so excited to hear about Thomas!!! That is AWESOME!! He's doing so well

Jen T said...

Liz, it is good to hear the update on your family! We had tons of apples last year from our trees. We did lots of applesauce and apple pie filling. Yum! this year we got no apples at all! I just started a blog, check it out www.bluejeansmomma.blogspot.com
Love you and Keep in touch! Jen and Ben Taylor